Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Lady Named Mercedes

Great Story - There are a few farms behind our subdivision and beautiful horses that are always hanging out. Well, today they were by the fence so we got to feed them. We usually walk up there and feed them carrots, apples, grass. There was a lady standing there talking to the horses and calling them by their names. I was like, you know their names!! And she said that they were her horses, all 15 of them! And that she owns like over 200 horses and that she is a vet. (Gets better, promise) And then she said she had been away for three months and was upset how bad her horses looked, etc. And then I asked her where she was for 3 mos. and she said, Louisville, Kentucky!!! What!! Um, I am from Kentucky I said. Small world. Anyways, she was there taking care of the DERBY horses and even was the vet for (this is the coolest part!) BIG BROWN! Hello, the Derby winner. Couldn't believe it, made me want to cry. She said she would bring a saddle for Kellen so he could ride them next time we go up there. She gave me all these hints about the horses, where to feed them, that she'll be at the farm taking care of them and that we're welcome to feed and hang out whenever. It was really nice talking to her and now I have all of the scoop on these amazing horses that are right behind our house. Thought you would enjoy that, made me homesick!!!!
And her name is Mercedes, thought that was funny.

No comments: